Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day - World Festival 2006

Pretty cool fest, the family and I just got back from spending a few hours at World Fest in the San Fernando Valley. The music and vibe was cool, but it felt more like a peace rally/save the animals event rather than an Earth Day celebration. What happened to all the Eco-Friendly businesses?

One bit of irony there was all the printed literature people were giving out. I know its message driven event, but I thought we were celebrating earth day. How many trees went into the literature?

The Mayor Villaraigosa was there too, which was cool, but the save the elephants in zoo's people were a little bawdy during his speech, which made the event not so pleasant. I'm all for protesting, but just being jerks isn't cool. Dude, there are kids there, remember. Then one dope wanted to throw down with someone else who was telling him to calm down.

Save the elephant protest for the new pen opening at the zoo. It was earth day, not save the elephant day. I was actually looking forward to seeing the mayor. Big jerks. Boo to Save Elephants in Zoo

| | |

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respect for the earth begins at home, dontcha think? Do you recycle everything in your home or are you just one of those "when its convenient for me" activists?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Greg Stewart said...

Not really an activist, but yes, I do recycle most everything in my home that can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home